Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Angie's Baby Blankie :)

Why is it that when you make something for someone and you want it to be perfect it totally isn't? I made Angie two quilts, the first one I almost swore at. I used the leftover pieces from the first one to make the second one. ARRG. I just keep telling myself, "I am learning, I am just learning." so here they are:

Looks good all crumbly and from far away right?  My realization is that I am not going to make blankies with minki and chenelle on the front and the back, what a nightmare-stretching and getting stuck, tears and lots of anger.  

I turned it around at this point and decided I could not unpick that much.
pooh pooh!

Here's the new blanket-funner I think since it has dress forms and Angie is a seamstress. She is an amazing seamstress and I really wanted this to be great. I know she'll love to wrap her little baby girl in it none-the-less. It is so cozy!  

You Inspire me in so many ways Angie....I love you!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that quilt!! I love the colors you chose and the cute dresses in it. It adds so much personality. One day I hope to be like you and finish as many quilts as you.

    ReplyDelete