My sister Jenny picked the Farm Play Retro Fabric Quilt Block Panel and I matched a bunch of fun 30's fabric from HERE I was drooling the whole time, I may have just kept this for myself.
I cut a bunch of triangles out of the 4 inch blocks and came up with these silly little triangle square thingies, and went around the edges and matched them to size, who knows what size they all are. I do tons better following a pattern but that rebellious side of me says "I'll spit on you Mrs. Winder for making me re-do my hot pad four times, I'll do it myself thank you very much". I'm not ready to conform quiet yet, I've got to create some on my own.
The back is the coziest sweetest fabric I found in the remnant bin at Joann- I bought it in hopes that my sister would have a boy and she is :) Perfect!
I machine quilted it and I got through almost half then looked on the back and realized something was wrong with my bobbin.....arg, I'll check better next time. I really like the look of the machine quilting
First of all, I couldn't just leave it at a quilt, I've been collecting some fun farm stuff to go with his quilt!
I'm so excited for this little baby to be all cozy in this quilt and for my nephew and neices Suzette, Corinne, Guiseppe to have fun reading this book and playing with this farm. I LOVE you guys so MUCH
Oh my gosh!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt!!! Probably my most favorite quilt you've made so far! And I love all the fun farm stuff to go with it. Lucky baby!
ReplyDeleteLisa!!! Thank you so much for the fun farm collection. Tonight Seppe and I read the book, he loves it! I love the old fashioned pictures. So glad you gave up the quilt to give to me. Can't wait to put a sweet new baby in it! Thank you little sis!
ReplyDelete