Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mom and Dad's 12 kids quilt

 I made this in 2003 when I got married and my parents went on their mission to Nauvoo for our church. I'm posting this now because I didn't have a picture of it. I made a square for all twelve of us kids. I picked each square by my siblings name or personality and picked the colors that I thought represented them. I made all the squares out of scraps. It was really hard at the time, I wasn't sure what I was doing. Now I think it would be a lot better.

Peggy my friend in Highland quilted this so beautifully, she really made it look so much better. (I cant get the picture to rotate-use your imagination).

My Mom has this at her house in Utah and she did a good job taking pictures of it and hiding the flaws. (actually this is why the blocks are set diagonally.)Somewhere I have the list of the block names. I wasn't able to find blocks with some of my siblings so I made blocks with aspects of their personality.   




1 comment:

  1. That is a fun idea! I love quilts that represent families.

    ReplyDelete