Sometimes I look at Blogs and think, "how in the world does that mom have time to Cook and Run and Style her Hair and be a great Mom with well dressed, hair brushed and styled kids, AND Sew some darling treasure?"
We blog the stuff we want our families and friends to see. We want to get "Pats" on our backs from comments and "Way to go girls" from our girlfriends. I have to remind myself that the blog is usually a photo of someone's Best Stuff, their Most Creative, their Big Accomplishment, posted in a photo of themselves and their kids in their Most Darling Outfit and Perfect Hair.
Truth be Told....This is what it REALLY looks like when I get something creative done.
| Bodice and Sleeves on Jess's Dress. |
| The dishes were in the sink for a couple days (not exaggerating) |
| the Clean laundry was on the floor for a couple days |
| My oldest child is alone, outside, in the cold |
| My youngest daughter is in my room on the bed watching every episode of My Little Pony on Netflix. and Dinner? Cereal. Just thought I'd throw in a little bit of Reality today. |
I love it, Lisa! This was my life a few days ago when I finally posted about Audrey's birthday. A month late. Except I didn't take pictures of me being short-tempered with my kids with my sleep deprivation. Jess looks happy with ponies and cute pillows!! :)
ReplyDeleteHee hee hee. Did you see the post like this that Maryanne put on my page? Too true. I am happy that you posted this, because this is how it really is!
ReplyDeleteHa, ha! I have to laugh at this post. My life is far from perfect. In fact, I just posted how I shot our cat on accident. So if that doesn't scream "Perfection", I don't know what does!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I love how normal you are. And we use the same dish soap.
I still want to be you, even with dishes in the sink for a few days. :)
Well said Lisa. I have often wanted to take photos of my messy home while i'm on a sewing kick. I'm glad you did it first! I always feel like I shouldn't be sewing unless the house is clean. Then think to myself, the mess will always be there but my kids will outgrow whatever it is im sewing before I complete it so there is no point to stop to clean first.
ReplyDeletehahaha... I always think that too! But then I just laugh, keep mine light hearted and write about and show whatever I want because heck its my blog right? This was a cute post :)
ReplyDeleteTruth, all of it. Honesty is best. Thanks for the post. Its crazy how we compare our normal or even our worst against others best. Its so unfair to ourselves. You are awesome though, just so you know. Even neglected you have happy children, cute dishes and a pile of stylish yet thrifty clothing in your very cute livingroom. And I bet if you had taken a self shot too you would have looked just as cute as ever!
ReplyDeleteawesome. :)
ReplyDeleteAt least you accomplished something :) Pretty sure that stuff goes on even when I'm not getting anything else done!
ReplyDelete