Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yee-Haw!

The Cowboy Quilt is Finished! (minus the binding)
This is the first full sized quilt I quilted on a machine. I didn't have a walking or quilting foot so it was really difficult. After seeing my frustration, Spencer (Super Hero) ordered me a walking foot. The next one will be a lot easier.
I have always looked in the remnant sections of Joann, Hancock, Wal-Mart and specialty shops in Utah and I found most of these cowboy, cow and horse prints so cheap. I also love to pick up Minki remnants and anything cozy too. They are usually $12 plus a yard so buying in remnants I've got them at as low as $2.00 for 1/2 yrd. pieces.

The Pinwheels are my favorite and not hard at all. I got the idea from Spencer's darling cousin Keesha who made This for Jess when she was born.


The best tutorial for the 3-D pinwheels is HERE
The back....a clearance throw from Wal-Mart, It was $8. It was minki on one side and plush on the other. I didn't have to put batting in this quilt since this had two sides. It was perfect!
Here it is all pieced and quilted!
I am going to go through my scraps and bind it in baby blue-shock right? but for now
It is occupied just how I intended it to be!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Where do you find the time to do all of this, and take care of your family and be this cute little mommy? Your girls are so lucky! They are going to have some really neat memories of all the crafty things you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be my most favorite one you have made yet!!! Looks like we should take a trip out to see you guys and you can show me how to make a pin wheel (its just an excuse to come see you:)) good job I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete