| transition | |
| Part of Speech: | noun |
| Definition: | change, often major |
| Synonyms: | alteration, changeover, conversion, development, evolution, flux, growth, metamorphosis, metastasis, passage, passing, progress, progression, realignment, shift, transformation, transit, transmutation, turn, turning point, upheaval |
| Antonyms: | beginning, conclusion, end, finish, introduction, sameness, stagnation, start |
I call this the Transition Quilt because it is a representation of me and this new life I am living. I made it with no pattern and sort of knew what I wanted it to look like and had to un-pick a lot of it and even add to some. It caused some frustration and if it hadn't have cost so much I would have thrown it out. Yet I worked at it until it became something beautiful.
I am in transition. I see lots of beauty around me here, the rolling hills, the gardens and trees. (the fabric). Wisconsin is different than Utah and not necessarily somewhere I would have previously picked to live. (the style of the quilt and colors). I had an idea of how it would be here (the quilt) but no definites. Now that I'm starting to settle I feel more secure and can now enjoy my home and time with Jess during the day and Kate and Spencer being in school and all the new adventures and opportunities Heavenly Father will allow me. (The top is done and I can pick something cozy for the back and a fun binding).
The colors of this quilt look like Madison to me, Orange :leaves and pumpkins and flowers like Mums. Green: trees, water, grass, rolling hills and gardens. White: houses and buildings. Purples and Pinks: splashes of personality all over the place like our friends from Africa, Asia, Near East, South America.
It turned our pretty and I will wrap up in this and find comfort! I know I will find a lot of great comforts here-especially with the Harvest and Fall approaching.
Lisa, you write sweet things from the heart. What deep thoughts and very insightful symbolism of your new life. I am very impressed by your "transition quilt." I like that you took time to analyze it and work at it and that it is Beautiful to you. Just like life should be!
ReplyDelete