This has been a really cool project and a
BIG step for me. I usually hand quilt my quilts and lately I have been machine quilting "Stitch in the Ditch" or "Sew on Sew" quilts. I have sent a lot of quilts out to be quilted by the Amazing
Peggy in Highland Utah. She and her daughters make quilts for the Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City and I would pay her to quilt my quilts. She really has
inspired me to quilt and make even more quilts for the children's hospital. She said she started by doing it on her own machine so I thought I would give it a hand. It was so
Creative and Fun and I felt like an Artist. It isn't perfect, or professional like Peggy's but I am soooooooo excited to send it to my little brother and my darling sister-in-law tomorrow. I remember making that
tiny quilt for Kate by hand in that picture above and how hard it was and I looked at all those other quilts hanging there and
wanted to be able to make quilts like that but it seemed so FAR away. I am totally getting there.
 |
| The back is sooooo cozy (I'm a sucker for Polka-dots and Minki aren't I?) |
 |
I did that (insert smile here)
|
 |
| This was an accident. I was taking photos of the quilt and I hit the button. When I was going through the pics on the computer I saw this and thought it was "Interesting."I'm reflective, a little concerned with a quilt in my hands. That's so me. |
I KNOW you are an artist!! This is just gorgeous!!! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteEverything you do is gorgeous! TRUE artistry!
ReplyDeleteI love this girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure your at that level you just don't give your self enough credit! That blanket is beautiful I love it!! Good job. And you an so amazing and such an inspiration to me. love and miss you!
ReplyDelete