Saturday, April 30, 2011

Who is inspiring my new projects?

I am so excited to know how to make these, I used to buy them for my family and friends.
I found a ton of fun minki in the remnants at Joanne and I bought a couple yards of blue and pink and dug out green and yellow from my fabric stash. I learned how to make them from my friends darling sister-in-law Kate (love the name) from Swim Bike Quilt  She is amazing and so inspirational to me. Speaking of Kate- We showed the Royal Wedding Pictures to Kate online, she was so enchanted about a real princess named Kate. (and on that same note, wasn't her gown so beautiful and modest? I love that!!!!)

Kate has been drawing houses lately. So I showed her this quilt out of my favorite quilt book 


 I said if she wanted to keep drawing houses I would copy them with fabric and make a quilt like that.  She drew these and we cut out the fabric and sewed a little house. She was so excited, she drew a door knob with a permanent marker. I put it up on my inspiration wall.  I usually put up the dates for the quilt squares and quilts that are due for Margarets Hope Chest 
 She was so excited about it that she drew me this Fancy House-apartment style like our house.  Wow!!!  I'm wondering how to quilt that one.

Jess and I found this darling quilt store just outside of Madison. It was a sunny day down an old farm road, I was in Heaven. (best pic I could get-Darling Logo right?)

I saw this darling reproduction fabric from the 30's and 40's we HAD to get it for Kate's House Quilt.  These prints remind me of....

my great grandmas's star quilt pieces with fabric FROM the 30's and 40's. Some of them are so similar. 
The answer?  Great Grandma Mary Louisa "Louie" Cleverly Day 
Kate from Swim Bike Quilt,  Sarah Fielke from Material Obsession and Best Of All- My little Princess Kate!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how busy you keep with these cute projects. Too bad you weren't making cute bibs when Ethan was a dribbler (remember his entire first year of life??)

    ReplyDelete