Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pics of our Minneapolis Minnesota Rental Home (unedited and uncut version)

This is mostly for my Sister's, Parent's, Mother and Sister-in-law...Obviously we haven't got it all ready and staged for pictures but here it is...beware lots of pics
We drove up and the sister missionaries were here. 10 more members of our church showed up. Even Charlie from our church who is blind helped.  We knew we had a great ward from day 1. We have 7 full time missionaries in our ward. We are full to the back of the chapel. We have had tons of visits from the bishopric and their families and we have received cookies and sweet bread from other families and invites to the Lake, Minnehaha Falls and parks from some families in the ward too!  We feel so welcomed.  
Our own yard and a slip and slide

Fun and sun! I was trying out some new  stuff on my camera...Thanks to Miss Eliza from Madison who taught me some great stuff..... However these next ones I took in a Flash..hehehehe

The Landlord left this fun Full Bedroom set and the Vanity for Kate to use.

She has a pic of grandma Bess her great great grandma next to her bed, she is Kate's guardian angel



My parents, my Dad's parents. Spencer's Mom, My Parents Cissy Doll from my Mom. This is Kate's High Dresser

The picture Jess picked for her room. 
The start of Jess's Room. The Lamp and frame and bedding was all from Garage Sales.  Shabby Chic and Pottery Barn $38.00. I LOVE garage sales in Minneapolis. 

The Pottery Barn table and chairs are almost $300 bucks at the store (believe me I've checked)  We got this set at a garage sale for $45 bucks...I seriously gasped when I saw it. Aren't the floors so pretty in this house?  
Kate, Jess and the girls across the street and one girl next door. (way less diversity in the Suburbs) Our Church group has a lot of people from all over the world so we feel more "at home" home being Madison.
The small but great kitchen, full of dishes and cinnamon rolls...yum



other end of the kitchen. Door to the patio and downstairs basement


the view of the neighborhood...we live on a quiet street with a dead end to the Right. 

the house

What the Tweed Suit on my beautiful grandfather clock?  


 view from the stairs

such a darling bathroom. We have a laundry shoot. Best invention!!!

going up to our room

view from the top of stairs. The cute little loft on the side is where the girls say "Discord" the bad guy on  My little pony lives ..He doesn't scare them, they like creepy guys.  

our closet

our room (not even out of boxes yet) I LOVE the blue in here.  So soothing

All that crap is going to go in the hutch, but cool sewing desk hu? Garage Sale $40

view from our bed
view from top of stairs 


super cute lamp in the hallway. 


patio

backyard



 sweet bbq. looks ghetto but it's attatched to the gas inside. starts right up. 

yard

yard, another view

parking
the alley...this is a way new concept for us


The sweet 2 car garage...our bikes and Spencer's new weight room and punching bad....p.s. punching bag $25 bucks. Gym $250 we Love Craigslist around here...

basement laundry from one end (check out the heaping pile of Laundry)

view from the other side of the room

tv room downstairs. We'll set up the bike on the trainer. Cool rocking chairs we got at ...can you guess.....yep garage sale. 
Toy Room ( they had the curtain covering the shut off valve. The girls use  it as a dress up curtain and for shows with the Wii instruments. 

view from the toy room (the landlords gave us their rockband guitar, drums, microphone and 3 games.) We haven't even turned it on and the girls usethe equipment all the time to make concerts. 

us right now in the T.V room....well here you have it folks. I'll take more pics when everything is set up . When we get a real paycheck we will get a fun couch for the living room and  a cute chair or 2.

Best Parts: Jess and Kate go to sleep and sleep all night in their own rooms
We have a dishwasher
We have a laundry chute (out of site, out of mind)
I can do the laundry at any hour and I don't have to wait for my neighbors
We have a garage
The girls can go downstairs and run and scream and play all they want
I can open the windows and not hear neighbors
we have AC
Spencer's work is 3 miles away just down the next street
we have two parks we are smashed between and both have splashpads
We are 10 blocks from the Lake..I rode Jess on my bike there to meet some new friends and there is a beach and a harbor and a bandshell (there are free concerts everynight all summer).
 BUT EVEN BETTER THAN ALL OF THAT
I found a This Great Lady Cia who currently is selling fabric online but is going to open a store just down the street soon. I got her number from the MODA website and called her looking for specific fabric to make my dream quilt for our Bedroom and she not only had the fabric, she dolled it up and wrapped it all cute with a vintage label and delivered it to our house.  I am in LOVE....
Ruby by Camille and Bonnie
I'm making SWOON


6 comments:

  1. Your house looks so freakin' cute and I love that fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of it!!! I bet Kate loves the bedroom set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! It all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agh! your place is amazing! i am so jealous. but really, i am so happy for you guys. that sounds like the PERFECT place. i love all the photos - the yard, the neighborhood, parks, all of it is so great! i'm so glad you guys are settling in nicely. but i have to say, i really, really miss your cinnamon buns...and all of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest house!! I love your loft bedroom... how fun is that?! And the laundry shoot... I think it should be mandatory in every house! (Course my boys would probably send each other down it.) And I love the fact that you guys have privacy and a yard. I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute house!!! Wish I could come yard-salingwith you! I love your garage and basement. After eagle Heights ,it doesn't take much to feel like you have a luxury home:)how in the world did you unpack and set up so quickly?

    ReplyDelete