Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's Time Dang-it (and my living room)

I really need to post. I have been in this psyco depressed-mad-angry more mad stage recently. Yet I have to tell you that my Spiritual experinces have been more frequent and more overwhelming since we have moved here.

 It has been a lot harder being home this summer with both Kate and Jess all day. At first it was lovely and we were swimming and painting and making ice cream and then the consistent fighting and the yelling and slamming of doors really was waying me down. I feel like I've been managing my anger and have been so patient but Geez. Sometimes I could just explode and then I do yell and get so upset- (let me clarify that-Yelling OVER the yelling. I hate that I let this anger take over.

I am excited about a new start here but I wasn't quite prepared  for  what would be in store for me here.   After three weeks at church I saw that there was a new Relief Society President called and no councilors. I thought hmmmm I've been in the Relief Society presidency for the past 6 years so it was destined to be (for those of you who don't know, the Relief Society is just that-a women's organization..The.RELIEF Society.  

We have over 200 women in our ward and the economic/educational/cultural differences are honestly Bi-Polar. How in the world can I (I with my insecurities/fears/anxieties) serve these women. Some live in Mansions, some in Homeless Shelters. Some are professional Athletes and some are in permanently in the hospital. Some are only alive because of the church and others are the only reason the church is alive. I can only pray that I can help these women with their needs while giving Kate and Jess a Sane Mom. Is this even possible? So here are my distractions. I made curtains and have spent way to many hours on Craigslist. The furniture here is amazing and cheap. 

everytime we have moved another piece of this clock falls off. Thank heavens Gorilla Glue

I asked Kate to make this for our family. It's our family Motto.

this couch was used for staging an apartment sale. We got it for $350 and the whole thing is down. This is where we play, and rest, all of us!  M favorite things in this room are the $50 brand new hugs shaggy IKEA rug from Craigslist and the curtains. I made them  with yards and yards of coral and cream fabric from this cool warehouse by my little brother's house.
This is the inspiration

We have some painting to do. The landlord painted the house so I can't change that but this table is gonna rock.  (don't you hate the flash on your camera? it makes the colors seem so weird.
I got the knobs from Joanne on a great sale. What color should we paint this?  
My view is so green. 

Spencer is a good husband letting me get all these "Frilly", as he calls them, pillows. Me and the girls just drool over girly stuff then we bat our little eyelashes at Spencer and he just can't say no.  

This little picture is my favorite. It reminds me of something my sister Jenny would have in her home. 

I love the colors. 
ok ok we aren't going to keep it pink. I swore from the pictures on Craigslist that this was cream. What color should we paint this beauty?   
I  got this couch for $60 and some awesome guy delivered it for me in his truck.It was used for staging a house. Never been used. wa-ho  

So nothing is organized in our lives and everything is pretty scary and new but this is our clean, soft, comfy room
and as Jane Austen said,

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE STAYING HOME FOR REAL COMFORT



7 comments:

  1. Your house is so cute! Sorry about your clock. I like that glue, too. I love your cute pillow with the fabric tie. And your down couch. Someday I will come see you and sit on it. Your place is so cute. Tell Kate she did great at your family motto.
    Good luck with Relief Society. You will do great. I know, because you do great at everything you do. You are my hero and always will be. I miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. l, you have such a talent at decorating. i wish i had your talent! i think you should paint the table blue like the clock, or cream like the curtain stripes. i love that antique table you found that is pink. you are lucky! paint that one cream or black. well, i guess it depends on where you put it! i love the family motto and i would like corinne to make one for us like that, so thanks for the idea. it's so cute simple, but in a fancy frame. thanks for the idea! everything looks so light and fresh and new and nice. you have good taste, talent, and also you work hard to make things nice! i do like that antique pictures, that's fun! also, i enjoyed reading your true feelings and thoughts! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun curtains!! Will you please come decorate my house, now? :) I can't wait to actually talk to you one of these days. We should be home all next week and would love to have you guys over any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, the house is awesome, look at all the space you have! I love your style, you've done an incredible and eclectic job, well done my friend, well done.
    Man, I'm sorry... so very very sorry that you are in yet another presidency. I hope being secretary in our mostly functional and small ward was a "break" for you in comparison. I feel like I want to lie on my next "new member" sheet and say I've never had a calling, once they let me hand out books :). Haha, you have the biggest heart and will be able to serve those women better than most. But I feel for you, life at home sounds stressful and you want to be able to devote your attention and time to your kids and their happiness, I hope you find balance and that life will start easing up on you a bit. Love ya Lisa! -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I am sooo jealous of the furniture you are getting for so cheap. your living room is so so cute and pretty and cozy. I love it. I think you should do the pink little table the same color as your clock. the bigger coffee table you could do cream or White it would also be cute if you did part of it (like the top) the color of the clock or a color that is on one of your pillows. I LOVE yor pillows. I can't wai to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I can say, "This too shall pass ..." Especially once school starts. :)

    Looking forward to your brief visit back here!!!

    ReplyDelete