Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's Birthday Month!

Kate's Birthday Invites. She colored the Tent and wrote her name and I pasted on little pieces of fabric for flags.

I told Kate I always know her birthday is near because the roses are in bloom. I have always put out fresh flowers for her birthday and when she was born Spencer gave me a bunch too!
Eugenia made this beautiful table runner, it makes me cry, all her hard work.
We made Chocolate Milk Popsicles (Kate thinks I a m a genius).
Danita (one of our favorite artists www.danitaart.blogspot.com) is fantastic. For Christmas we commissioned her to paint a mixed-media collage of our girls.) For Mother's Day Spencer had her make me a pendent. There was a mix up in shipping so to make it up to me Danita sent me one of my favorite prints "The Seamstress" and even made it into a glass pendent for me. I was dying-she is fantastic. I'm going to add some turquoise (shocking hu?) to a bracelet and put the pendent on it-I'll post pics when I'm done.



Malinda's Best Friend Mya made this amazing cake for Malinda and her friend Jenni .I was so inspired that I decided to make a carnival cake for her Kate's birthday. Yesterday I practiced and made a fun flowery one. The girls helped cut out the hearts and roll out the Fondant. It was so fun. I got the best recipe from here http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

I made the cake by putting tons of food coloring paste in three separate bowls then plopping it down, Spen used a knife to tye-die the cake. FUN!!!!!


Spencer and I tease that it's birthday month- I will do anything to drag out His, Mine and the girls birthdays as long as I can.

1 comment:

  1. As I have looked thru your blog and seen how talented you are I am tearful wondering why I have never know the things you do and could have shared with me before you move. Lisa, I'm going to miss you so much. You are AMAZING!!! Your daughter's and Spencer are so lucky to have such a AWESOME Homemaker, so creative. I can't wait to share your blog with my daughter's if I may. Maybe from you can teach me so of these things from far away. Wow I had all this talent at my feet and never knew. Love you forever!!!

    ReplyDelete