Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Time Crafts


Don't you just love Strawberries and Cherries in the Summer? Me Too!!!


I bought these "Womens Bath Wraps" $5 each on clearance at Walmart. I got the 1x and 2x

Sewed on a hand towel ($1 each clearance K- Mart)

Used the straps to make bows on top


Ta-da!


I've been looking at the summer towels all season and nothing has been cute and cheap but these really worked well. I love Thrift. I am learning that buying what I want when I find it is a lot better then buying something I kind of like just cause it's cheap or cute. How about Patience +cheap+cute=Happy
This morning on my bike ride decided to take a different road and there, next to a trash can, were these chairs. I asked the lady working in the yard if I could have them-she said they used to be her 11 yr. old daughter's. I strapped them on the back of my bike and headed home.



When I got home I said to the girls, "look on the back of my bike." They were so excited to see these tiny little chairs....Spencer called me a "Hippie." We rode our bikes to Robert's Crafts today and got some cute baby blue (shocking hu?) spray paint. When Spencer got home we sanded them and Spencer screwed in all the wood to make them secure and we painted. I love THRIFT!

1 comment:

  1. You are by far the most talented person I know. Can I ask you a slighly disgusting favor? Can I have your q-tips? Your used ones. I would like all of that talent that is oozing out of your ears!

    ReplyDelete