Friday, August 13, 2010

Remember the Barn Wood?





Spencer is a genius and he made me a frame out of that old barn wood I "Borrowed" from the torn down barn here is Wisconsin.

I was going through my fabric and pulled out a real treasure. My Grandma on my Mom's side is amazing at sewing and needlework. She learned from her mother who learned from her Pioneer mother. When we visited my grandma this spring she gave me a stash of fabric, some polyester, and some true vintage pieces from the 40's and 50's. My Great Grandma started these stars for a quilt all hand-done. My aunt was in town and I told her about it, she said it wasn't her mom's but must have been Grandma's mother's. I couldn't stop staring at it and wondered how I was lucky enough to get to have this piece, litteraly, of my great grandmother.

I love how you can find replica fabric like this now. The barn wood came within inches of the exact size of the stars. It was meant to be!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of them!!! That wood is the best find ever!!! you could make a super cute window box and then put hooks on it and put it by the front door for keys or coats. I think you should go "borrow" more ;). I love it, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I am so glad to find out about the stars and the barn wood. It was meant to be. Also, happy to finally see the chair. cute material. Corinne and I found one just like that, that was a children's chair for $100 at Ross store. Too much for my blood, but Corinne begged for it. It also reclined with foot rest. talk to you more about this later.

    ReplyDelete