"She made me a security blanket when I was born. That faded green blanket lasted just long enough for me to realize that the securitey part came from her." -Alexander Crane
I love this quote. I love to make these blankets and I love how the girls still want them and love them and get excited when the come out of the dryer all warm and soft from the fabric softener.
Kate's Ticker Tape Quilt! I had to unpick about a quarter of the back because my basting was off. She loves to pick out the squares she recognizes "that's from my cowboy blankie, that's from Jess's baby blankie, that's from Grandma Stonebrakers house etc. etc."
It was fun to get brave with the machine.
I caught the little hand
Success for Jess!
Lisa, Thanks for your post on my Visiting Teaching Blog. It looks like you are a fan of it, or at least you like it enough to be posted on your blog. It is fun when people I actually know, post comments on my blog. I always look them up and try to figure out where they came from and I was happy that your post took me to you. Tell your cute Mom and Dad Hello from me! We have not lived in Alpine for 3+ years now, so I don't bump into them very much. You have a darling family and you look so happy! Take care! Love, Katie Gauger
ReplyDeleteLisa...
ReplyDeleteYou are going to teach me how to do all these wonderful things.. right?
You are soooo talented. Most jealous am I. :)
I love Katers quilt, How did you do that? Like sew the quilt together then put the squares on and sew them? Oh man its so cute email me and tell me how I want to make one, I'm making wes the cutest blanket I cant wait to show it you! And I love the change you made to the set up of your living room its adorable!!
ReplyDelete