Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Circus is still coming to town!


Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a Party! I have a billion ideas rolling around my head for Father's Day. I have had so much fun doing something almost every-day for Kate's birthday this whole month.

I made fun clown hats for the kids. My mom picked up like a hundred little candy clowns and sugar sticks at Pepermint Place in Alpine. Their seconds are so cheap. I think she got 100 candy sticks and the clown and a cake topper for like $3.

I made Kate a Special Princess Birthday Clown Hat! We have had tons of people RSVP. Kate is going to die when she sees what we give her. She can't even sleep lately she is so excited for her party.

This SERIOUSLY tastes just like Cracker Jacks. My friend Melanie gave me the recipe for the carnival birthday and I tried to color it purple-NOT good!) but without the food coloring it is PERFECT:



7-8 c. popped popcorn
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. light colored corn syrup
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. vanilla
(peanuts to make it into crackerjacks!)
Remove unpopped popcorn. Put popcorn in a very large baking dish or roasting pan. (I have one you can use). Put it in a 300 degree oven to keep it warm. Make caramel mixture by combining sugar, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate without stirring, for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over the popcorn and stir gently to coat. Bake in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes; (maybe add peanuts here?) stir. Bake 5 more minutes. Spread caramel corn over a large piece of buttered foil to cool. (I didn't butter and it was fine... maybe a light spray of "Pam"?) Store tightly covered for a week. It hardly lasts a day here! I cut the time a little because there were a few that seemed to be burning slightly.


Fun Summer hair things made for my little niece. She loves Deer so she gets this one. Sorry the pic is upside-down.


Today was day #2 of Kater's Dance Camp. It was Lilo and Stitch! I made her this little tutu and curled her hair. My cute friend Petra gave me this Lei from Hawaii. Kate is such a cute little dolly.

The Pirate's dress (given to me by my sister) needed something.......

Crochet Flowers and buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment