Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm HOOKED!

My darling Mexican neighbor Eugenia has been teaching me to crochet and I LOVE it!!!! She doesn't speak much English and I don't speak a lot of Spanish but we have fun sitting on the porch ganchillo-ing. I feel like quilting and crocheting are very calming. My mind has been so busy with so many thoughts lately and this calms me so much! It is a great anti-anxiety medicine.


This is a headband I made for my Sister-in-laws graduation gift.
The green one is a little rug I made for the girls barbies. It was my practice for the large rug I'm going to make. The purple on is part of a quilt I'm going to replicate of Spencer's great grandmothers.
The top is the bootie I bought and the bottom is the bootie Eugenia is teaching me to replicate.
A fun color flower for Kate's winter hat (Wendy Hunter made for both my babies when they were born).
Her it is...................my sister Jenny's Mother's Day present. She is such a mother to me. I decided to start giving her Mother's day gifts this year. The fabric I've been dying to get and use but it was a little pricey, I found a remnant at 50% and came home, fished through our grandma's old fabric she gave me (The real Vintage stuff you can buy replicated) and there was this perfect Grosgrain fabric-pastel tiny roses with little polka dots....It was screaming Jenny's name. FUN FUN FUN

We saw a darling butterfly garden in a toyshop. We got some butterflies and came home and made one over Jess's tiny bed. She says, "Goodnight Butterflies."


I"m making gifts for my Mom and Mother-in-Law and something special for Eugenia and a b-day gift for my sister (she asked for an apron)..... Keep a watch out. ciao

1 comment:

  1. LOVE my headband! wow miss crafty. I gotta take advantage of you before you move!

    ReplyDelete